Parenthood is such a beautiful and transformational thing, but as most parents know, it’s not all roses and sunshine. There are financial and social sacrifices, sleepless nights, added stress and responsibilities. The overwhelming feelings and emotions that new mothers experience are hard to sum up, but these pictures of animal parents with their kids do a pretty good job of getting the general idea.
1. Zoe is clearly overjoyed to be a new mother.
2. No one told her that motherhood would be like this.
3. She looks more like an octopus than a cat.
4. “Motherhood is exhausting” is a total understatement.
5. Sometimes, you just need to mentally check out for a few minutes.
6. Just look at these proud parents!
7. This was dad’s favorite space to get some alone time, but now it’s jam-packed with kittens.
8. There is an unspoken rule about never waking up a sleeping baby.
9. It’s all in a day’s work as a mother.
10. This new mom could definitely use some help with the kids.
11. “Have children,” they said. “It’ll be fun,” they said.
12. “Excuse me, could you tell me about your refund policy?”
13. “I only wanted two kids, but it didn’t stop at two.”
14. Sometimes, “mom” is synonymous with “pillow.”
15. Time to hire a nanny.
If you know someone who might like this, please click “Share!