Here are some really tasty appetizers your family will love! They are filled with a creamy mozzarella cheese, cherry tomatoes, and topped with basil! Just waiting to be demolished at any point in time!
- 2 Tbsp Butter
- 1 Tbsp Freshly chopped parsley
- 3 large Portobello Mushrooms, stem removed, washed and dried
- Fresh Basil, shredded to garnish
- 1/4 CUP Balsamic vinegar
- 2 Cloves garlic, crushed
- 5 fresh mozzarella cheese balls, sliced thinly
- 1 CUP Cherry tomatoes, sliced thinly
- 2 tsp Brown sugar
1. Preheat oven to grill/broil settings on high heat. Arrange oven shelf to the middle of your oven.
2. Combine all of the Garlic Butter ingredients together in a small saucepan (or microwave safe bowl), and melt until garlic is fragrant.
3. Brush the bottoms of each mushroom and place them, buttered side down, on a baking tray.
4. Fill each mushroom with the mozzarella slices and tomatoes, and grill/broil until cheese has melted and golden in color (about 8 minutes).
5. To serve, top with the basil, drizzle with the balsamic glaze and sprinkle with salt to taste.
For the Balsamic Glaze:
1. Combine sugar and vinegar in a small saucepan over high heat and bring to the boil.
2. Reduce heat to low; allow to simmer for 5-8 minutes or until mixture has thickened and reduced to a glaze.
3. Drizzle on top of cooked mushrooms.
If you know someone who might like this, please click “Share!