This delicious caramel candied popcorn is, by far, the yummiest treat ever.
- 2 Bags popped plain popcorn
- 12 tablespoons unsalted butter (1 1/2 sticks)
- 1 tsp Fine salt
- 1/2 tsp Baking soda
- 1 1/2 CUPS Packed dark brown sugar
- 1/4 CUP Plus 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- Heat the oven to 250°F and arrange a rack in the middle. Coat a large roasting pan with butter and place the popcorn in the pan; set aside.
- Place the brown sugar, butter, corn syrup, and salt in a medium heavy-bottomed saucepan over medium heat and bring to a boil, stirring occasionally with a rubber spatula until the sugar has dissolved, about 5 minutes.
- Continue to boil without stirring for 3 minutes. Remove from heat, add the vanilla and baking soda, and whisk until the caramel is light in color, foamy, and has doubled in volume, about 10 seconds. Immediately drizzle over the popcorn, stir with a rubber spatula until thoroughly coated, and spread into an even layer.
- Bake, stirring every 15 minutes with a rubber spatula and scraping up any caramel from the bottom of the pan, until a cooled piece of popcorn is very crunchy, about 45 minutes to 1 hour total.
- Transfer the caramel corn to a work surface or rimmed baking sheet to cool completely (it will crisp as it cools).
- Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 1 week.
If you know someone who might like this, please click “Share!