1. The first day you bring me into your life.
I can never thank you enough for adopting me and giving me a chance to prove myself to you.
2. Yes it felt strange and I felt lonely for a while.
After all, I was a baby and I was abandoned by my real family.
3. But God sent you to my rescue.
And whatever I know and all the good things that I learnt in life were from you. You’re my guardian and confidante for life.
4. I act funny, stupid and I misbehave many times.
5. Please punish me for my wrong doings but don’t give up on me by keeping me tied in the lawn.
I’m your child and I will love you even if you tie me up but when you do it, I feel like I was never a part of you.
6. I try my best to make you proud I swear.
I do whatever I am able to make you feel like the luckiest parents in the world. But unfortunately, it doesn’t work every time and I fail a lot of times. I’m very sorry for that.
7. However, I will keep trying I promise. Please don’t give me away.
I won’t be able to handle the misery of losing another family.
8. Please don’t entice me with a treat and not give it.
First, because I love food but also to keep healthy; I have restrictions on the kind of food I can eat. So I eagerly wait for such opportunities when I’ll get a treat from you. So please give me a treat every time I deserve it.
9. The one thing that keeps me sane throughout the day is looking forward to you coming back home.
10. And when you come back, I can’t handle the excitement:
But please don’t get grossed out and shrug me off because this is how I express love.
11. You can rest assured that, no matter what, you will always have the best hug waiting for you after even the worst day.
12. You don’t know or may not have noticed but whenever you leave from home for a few days, I can’t eat and sleep.
And each time I hear any little noise, my ears go up hoping that it’s you.
13. I understand I’m not allowed inside shops or grocery stores but please don’t leave me alone on the street till you shop because you don’t know what I go through in that time.
I feel scared and abandoned.
14. While I’m here with you, you always have company in the night when you can’t sleep or in times you have no one around to talk to.
I’ll be right in front of you, listening to everything you say and watching everything you do. Sometimes, I just wish I could talk in your language because that day, you’d understand me as much as I understand you.
15. At times, when I really need something, it gets very difficult.