Do you have stale bread laying around? Well, don’t throw it away! Put it in your slow cooker to make this delicious French Toast recipe instead! This recipe is great for everything from a serving a big group to surprising your loved ones with a yummy morning treat.
The first thing you need to do is place the bread in the slow cooker – it can be be broken up into bite-sized pieces or it can be cooked whole! Next you’ll mix eggs, milk, vanilla extract and cinnamon, and you’ll pour it over the bread in the bottom of the cooker. Make sure each piece of bread is thoroughly soaked!
Then you’ll sprinkle a little brown sugar over the top of the bread, turn the heat on low and place the lid on top. Let the French toast concoction cook for several hours (you can even leave it overnight) and serve it up to your hungry troops in the morning! This easy breakfast treat is sure to be a huge hit.
- 1 loaf of stale bread (Challah works well)
- 6 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- pinch of salt
- Slice or cube bread and leave out overnight to let it dry out a bit. Line your slow cooker with foil that’s been folded over two or three times and spray with nonstick spray.
- Whisk together eggs, milk, cinnamon, vanilla and salt. Layer slices of bread along the bottom and let it come up the edges a bit.
- Pour a bit of mixture over bread to cover. Add more layers of bread.
- Add more of the mixture and continue, ending with the mixture. Cover with a clean dishtowel and the lid and cook on high for 2 hours.
If you know someone who might like this, please click “Share!