Our Girl Scout cookie obsession didn’t stop at Samoas®: We have a deep love for chocolate and peanut butter, which naturally corresponds with going through several sleeves of Tagalongs® each year. In this pie inspired by the cookie, a crunchy graham cracker crust is topped with a rich layer of peanut butter cream before being enclosed in a salted chocolate ganache. It’s creamy and crunchy, and sure to satisfy any peanut butter cravings.
This pie is super easy and quick, so it won’t be long until you’re inhaling a slice. The only tip for making it is to really press in the crust. We like to use a measuring cup to put some pressure on the edges to prevent any crumbling after baking. This will make spreading the peanut butter cream and chocolate ganache go seamlessly.
Yield: One 9-inch pie
Prep Time: 15 minutes, plus cooling time
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes, plus cooling time
For the Crust:
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
For the Peanut Butter Cream:
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- ⅓ cup confectioners’ sugar
- ½ cup creamy peanut butter
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
For the Chocolate Ganache:
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup heavy cream
- Flaky sea salt, for garnish
1. Make the crust: Preheat the oven to 350°. In a medium bowl, mix together the graham cracker crumbs, butter and salt until incorporated and resembling wet sand. Transfer to a 9-inch pie dish and press crumbs firmly on the bottom and up the sides of the dish. Bake until lightly golden, 15 to 20 minutes. Let cool completely.
2. Make the peanut butter cream: In a large bowl, combine the cream cheese, butter and confectioners’ sugar. Using an electric hand mixer, beat until light and fluffy, 2 minutes. Add the peanut butter, vanilla and salt, and beat until smooth. Scrape the mixture into the pie shell and smooth the surface with a spatula.
3. Make the chocolate ganache: In a medium bowl, combine the chocolate chips and salt. In a small saucepan, bring the cream to a simmer over medium heat. As soon as it begins to simmer, pour the cream over the chocolate chips. Let sit for 2 minutes, then stir until smooth. Let cool for 5 minutes.
4. Pour the chocolate over the peanut butter mixture, smoothing the top with a spatula. Sprinkle the top with flaky sea salt, then refrigerate until set, 1 hour. Slice the pie and serve.
If you know someone who might like this, please click “Share!