With Thanksgiving just a few months away, this pecan pie bar recipe is perfect!
So get ready for the holidays and make these awesome bars instead of pies! Everyone always enjoys a new spin on things!
- 2 Sticks unsalted butter, softened
- 2 2/3 cups All-purpose flour
- 2/3 CUP Packed brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 Stick unsalted butter
- 1/3 CUP Honey
- 2 CUPS Chopped pecans
- 1 CUP Packed light brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp Heavy cream
1. Preheat the oven to 350ºF and line a 9×13-inch pan with foil, leaving enough for a 2-inch overhang on all sides.
2. First make the crust by creaming together the butter and brown sugar until fluffy in a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment.
3. Add in the flour and salt and mix until crumbly.
4. Press the crust into the foil-lined pan and bake for 20 minutes until golden brown.
5. While the crust bakes, prepare the filling by combining the butter, brown sugar, honey and heavy cream in a saucepan and stirring it over medium heat. Simmer the mixture for 1 minute, then stir in the chopped pecans.
6. Remove the crust from the oven and immediately pour the pecan filling over the hot crust spreading it to cover the entire surface.
7. Return the pan to the oven and bake an additional 20 minutes.
8. Remove the pan and allow the bars to fully cool in the pan.
9. Use the foil overhang to lift out the bars and transfer them to a cutting board. Peel off the foil, slice into bars and serve.
If you know someone who might like this, please click “Share!