Have you ever tried to feed a picky dog? It’s much like a picky child — you plead with them, warn them that they will die if they don’t eat, then eventually give up and just hide veggies in their favorite foods. Here are 15 struggles you only understand when you’re dealing with a picky eater.
1. You attempt to make a game of meal time, but they stop playing said game as soon as their most hated food appears.
“BROCCOLI TASTES LIKE MINI SATAN TREES, WHY WOULD YOU FEED ME THIS.”
2. You can never save money by buying the big bag of food.
Because they will change their mind halfway and hate it.
3. You can sometimes get them to eat, only if you sprinkle treats on top of their food.
It’s like that one friend who HAS to get the chili cheese fries, not just the regular ones.
SO MUCH THIS.
5. They watch you finish your food before ever eating theirs…
…just in case.
6. Your dog knows who in the family will cave and feed them from the table.
Because treats > regular food.
7. You try tricking your dog into eating by pretending you cooked it.
Lest you spark another hunger strike.
8. You actually sit there and supervise their meal time.
“And I’m not moving until you finish your dinner!”
9. The nice cashier offers your dog a treat and they refuse it so you explain that your dog just had a big meal.
But you know THAT’s a lie.
10. You’ve been known to just scatter your dog’s food all over the floor, just to try something different that might get them to eat.
Because anything in a bowl is not making it into their mouth.
11. They will sit there refusing to eat their own food, but do this when there is any human food around:
They will eat a variety of human food and even cat sh*t but won’t touch the expensive food you’ve spent your hard-earned money on.
12. Your dog could not be bothered to get off the floor, even if you open the fridge.
“Hi, Dr. Vet? Yes, I think my dog is broken.”
13. Training is a little complicated because your dog could not be any less food-motivated.
Unless, of course, you spoil his dinner (and breakfast and lunch) by giving him the meatiest treats just to get him to sit.
14. And sometimes you wonder if your dog even knows what a dog bowl is for.
15. But all the trouble you go through to get your pup to eat are worth it in the end.
If you know someone who might like this, please click “Share!”