Actor Tom Hardy might be a bad ass in the movies, but in the real world he’s a big, sappy dog lover who likes to go home and cuddle puppies. Gasp, celebrities really are just like us.
1. At the Legend premiere, he walked the red carpet with his rescue pup, Woody (look at his little bow tie!).
2. He’s a Pit Bull lover and advocate.
“Did you know that the Pit Bull’s the highest-decorated military dog? It’s true, because of their loyalty, and its sensitivity. They were the favorite American dog for many, many years. [People would] leave the baby on the porch with the dog. Go online and look it up! You’ll see all these Pit Bulls with babies.”
3. In 2007, he revealed that he used to take his dog, Max, with him to drama school.
4. He once said this:
“I don’t have any friends. I don’t keep them or entertain them for any of that kind of problem. So I like to keep myself. I have a dog and a son. A dog couldn’t do anything to upset me, you know, and neither could my son.”
5. He starred in this Kleenex commercial featuring an adorable Bulldog.
6. He posed on the cover of Shortlist Magazine with a four-legged pal.
7. And also posed shirtless in this photoshoot for Details.
8. He co-starred in this film with an adorable puppy (and didn’t mind being upstaged).
9. “I’m an absolute sucker for dogs,” he told Refinery29, “and I normally find a dog on every film I do. They always end up in the house somehow, even if I have to take it from someone’s car. I’ve got no scruples. There’s always a way for a stray.”
10. He also helps find homes for shelter pups.
“[While filming The Drop] I found one at Sean Casey’s animal rescue center, and then she was on set for a while, and she ended up coming home. We found her a home, which is the main thing. If people say they’re looking for a dog, I’ll find them one. I’ve got friends who work in places, ex-police handlers and people who’ve got quarantines or kennels, and they say, ‘We’ve got two dogs that came in. Can [you] find a home for them?’”
Is it just us or does this guy really like dogs?
If you know someone who might like this, please click “Share!”